Formaker: A 4-in-1 3D Printer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Inkscape-Plugin: FormakerLaser
Introduce yourself I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 8:10 am by sid

» Formmaker for sale for parts
Introduce yourself I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 3:40 pm by Seniorgeek

» Crap machine
Introduce yourself I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 3:34 pm by Seniorgeek

» Upgrade Formaker
Introduce yourself I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 8:51 am by Mikael

» Incorrect dimensions after printing
Introduce yourself I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 8:36 am by szalap

» Heat bed temperature incorrect
Introduce yourself I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 7:01 pm by CKAFamily

» Timing pulleys for Formaker
Introduce yourself I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 9:25 am by szalap

» Heat Bed Resistance
Introduce yourself I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 5:33 pm by CKAFamily

» Replacement power supply
Introduce yourself I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 4:28 pm by Seniorgeek

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Introduce yourself

+6
slackmaniac
JeushMaker
Tony H
delirium07
Seniorgeek
TobiWan
10 posters

Go down

Introduce yourself Empty Re: Introduce yourself

Post by TobiWan Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:42 pm

Hello Mikael,
thank you for this post!
This forum is really not the best to work with. On my mobile device it is full of spam and not usable.
I am very excited about your planned modifications. I just received my formaker and trying out the sample print right now. I have some metal-thread-inserts over here that i want to integrate into plastic parts right now, so let's get it on and share some projects!

TobiWan

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Empty Forum

Post by Seniorgeek Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:52 pm

Thanks for the post Mikael. I am open to change the look and feel of this forum or use any other software. This was free so that is why I used it.
Would like Admin privileges so you can help and make changes?

Seniorgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikael Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:01 am

Hello everyone.

My name is Mikael and this is my 2nd 3D printer on Kickstarter. First one was the resin based Peachy Printer and has not yet been fulfilled.

Currently I work as a CTO at 3 different IOT companies. My main focus is development of hardware and software, spend my days basically solving technology issues of all kinds.
Privately I am an inventor. I own one approved and published patent and have some more on their way. Currently I am trying to find investors to develop more inventions.

I am very happy to be part of this forum and I see great things in the future.
Usualy when I get involved in things I try to do very extreme steps that usualy end up with a fantastic outcome.
As an example I am in some car forums where I basically make guids on how to do very hard things like mold your own Polyurethane bushings for the full subframe.

My plan is to do the same with the Formaker.
I have plans on making the Formaker able to print Nylon, as an example.
I also have plans om making it able to print at as high temperatures as possible, basically making it able to (in theory) print at up to 800C with brass hot end.
I also have plans om making the Formaker able really Mill metal. Currently I think the Formaker, with its plastic parts, only is able to grind metal. But with some modifications I think it will be possible to make it rigid enough to really Mill.

Not sure what part of the Formaker I would like to modify first, but I suspect I will see the points where improvement are needed most once I get it.
I have read on the forum about Z-axis issues and 3mm extruder issues, but other then that im not sure.

Other then that I would love to hear what you guys think of the forum? I started the combomakers.com Domain Name for us, but I was unable to find the time to put up a forum on the webhosting.
If you guys feel like this forum is the correct format and is good enough for us then we keep it. If not then I need to speak with Mike who set it up and see if we can find another option.

Best Regards,
Mikael

Mikael
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Empty Intro

Post by CKAFamily Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:34 am

Hi, My name is Christian. I am from  Sydney Australia.
I am an ex Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and now Pilot. I have two boys 9 and 10 that loved the idea of a 3d printer so here it is. We are into RC modelling, Lego and Technology. I see this as a great opportunity for for my boys and myself to learn CAD, Printing, Laser and some CNC! I love to repair and modify anything and everything. I think this will be a wonderful tool for just those things.

CKAFamily

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceatz Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:47 am

Hi my name is tom I'm from Australia this is my first 3d printer it would be great if someone can make YouTube videos about the formaker in action and how to set it up probably.this is a great 3d printer let more people know what it can do thank uou

Aceatz

Back to top Go down

Post by Digicrat Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:01 pm

hey,

I'm an embedded software engineer, currently going for an ECE masters and experimenting with H/W in my little free time.  This is the first such device I've owned, but I have access to a variety of 3D printers, laser cutters and other equipment through a makerspace at work.  

I'm looking forward in particular to playing with the dual-extruder capabilities (/w water-soluble support filament) of the ForMaker, as well as the convenience of having all the other features available at home.  

Thanks to those that setup this Forum.  Hopefully this will serve as a central basis for the growing ForMaker community to share experiences and tips on how to use this thing.  

@SeniorGeek: Be sure to let us know if you do end up trying to upgrade the laser.  The possibility of upgrading heads could enable some interesting options in the future.

- David

Digicrat

Back to top Go down

Post by slackmaniac Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:52 pm

Hey guys, Logan here. I'm 21 and the Formaker is the first of any of the four options that I've had. Now that I've gotten it, it's been non stop playing with it any chance I get. I should also mention I'm a fine arts student majoring in New Media, which is what first made me interested in 3D printers and laser engravers.

slackmaniac

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Empty Introducing my self

Post by JeushMaker Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:18 pm

Hello Guys!
My name is Magnus, I am 18(soon 19) years old and the Formaker is my first 3D printer ever!
I am a student on a higher technical school in Denmark.

I have planed to make a lot of videos (when i receive the printer) at my YouTube Channel. 
The channel is right now only filled with gaming videos and that will also keep coming gaming videos, but i hope also to make a lot of videos for the Formaker!
I plan to make videos about 3D printing, CNC, Laser engraving, and also some PCB maybe.
I hope you can ignore my sometimes bad english. I am constantly practicing!

I am looking forward to see the development with this forum and are exited to learn more about 3D printers!

JeushMaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony H Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:20 am

Hello my name is Tony and im 37 years old, i live in swden in a small town with my wife. Well i dont have any experience with 3d printing but i have worked with Cad before.

Tony H

Back to top Go down

Post by delirium07 Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:27 pm

Hello
I m Jean-Luc , 50 years old, I am French and my English is very bad lol.
I already have a little 3d printer, the ROBOX is a very good plug and play printer. But I looked forward to the Formaker to test the laser engraving and also 3D. I am new in everything parametrage and gcode.
I hope to learn with you.

delirium07

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Empty Introduce Yourself

Post by Seniorgeek Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:23 am

Thanks Tobi for starting this thread.
All, be sure to fill out your profile after you login.

I am one of the moderators on this forum along with the "admin".
I am retired from NASA in the USA. I have worked with computers, electronics, and mechanical devices all my life and now that I am retired I take time to enjoy tinkering with mechanical, and electronic gadgets. I have a fully equipped garage with mechanical and electrical tools.

I plan to use the Formaker to do CNC, and laser related projects and occasional 3D project. I expect to upgrade the laser because I want to work on aluminum, and other soft metals.

Last edited by Seniorgeek on Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Seniorgeek

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself Empty Introduce yourself

Post by TobiWan Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:56 am

Hello all together!
I would like to use this forum to create a living community for the Formaker-Users.
Therefore I think it would be interesting to see where all the users are located and what is there background.

I make a start:
My Name is Tobi and I am nearly 29 years old an living in germany near cologne. I am Dipl.-Ing. and Master of Engineering so I have a little bit of knowledge in mechanical engineering and especially in 3d-Design so if someone of you need some help with CAD Work I could try to help you!
If have worked with 3d Printers during my time at the university and also in some companies before but this were mostly professional machines like the EOS SLS Printers.

Please feel free to post your introduction if you like to!
Thanks!

P.S.: Sorry for my english, i am a little bit out of practice

TobiWan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum