Formaker: A 4-in-1 3D Printer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Inkscape-Plugin: FormakerLaser
Scratched Kapton Tape/Build Plate? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 8:10 am by sid

» Formmaker for sale for parts
Scratched Kapton Tape/Build Plate? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 3:40 pm by Seniorgeek

» Crap machine
Scratched Kapton Tape/Build Plate? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 3:34 pm by Seniorgeek

» Upgrade Formaker
Scratched Kapton Tape/Build Plate? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 8:51 am by Mikael

» Incorrect dimensions after printing
Scratched Kapton Tape/Build Plate? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 8:36 am by szalap

» Heat bed temperature incorrect
Scratched Kapton Tape/Build Plate? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 7:01 pm by CKAFamily

» Timing pulleys for Formaker
Scratched Kapton Tape/Build Plate? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 9:25 am by szalap

» Heat Bed Resistance
Scratched Kapton Tape/Build Plate? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 5:33 pm by CKAFamily

» Replacement power supply
Scratched Kapton Tape/Build Plate? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 4:28 pm by Seniorgeek

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Scratched Kapton Tape/Build Plate?

3 posters

Go down

Scratched Kapton Tape/Build Plate? Empty Scratched Kapton Tape/Build Plate?

Post by Digicrat Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:01 pm

I removed the protective blue/painters tape this morning in preparation for my first print and discovered that there were a number of scratches on what I assume is the Kapton tape, some of which look deep enough to possibly be scratches on the plate itself.  

I know CTC did some QC test prints before shipping them, but these scratches look like they either crashed the head or tested CNC or Laser cutting modes without removing the built plate (as indicated in the directions).  At the Makerspace i visit, we also use Kapton tape, and while there are some minor scratches, there aren't any deep scratches like this despite extensive use.

Has anyone else seen this on theirs?  
[url=https://servimg.com/view/19433671/1][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f84/19/43/36/71/scratc10.jpg[/img][/url]

Most of the scratches I hope are mostly a cosmetic annoyance, though there are a few larger spots that might cause trouble for prints later.  More importantly the Kapton tape is relatively expensive and annoying to apply evenly, though in the future I may experiment with the idea of using glass or something like the BuildTak instead.

EDIT: If the image doesn't work, try https://servimg.com/u/f84/19/43/36/71/scratc10.jpg   It looks like the Editor's Wiki markup isn't fully compatible with the Forum itself - aka the image looks fine in the editor window, but not on Preview or when posted.

Last edited by Digicrat on Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Image link)

Digicrat

Back to top Go down

Scratched Kapton Tape/Build Plate? Empty Re: Scratched Kapton Tape/Build Plate?

Post by Seniorgeek Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:42 pm

I am not sure what caused the scratches. When I took  off the blue tape there weren't any scratches. The second link worked fine and I saw what you were talking about.

I have removed the build plate because I am doing some laser engraving right now. I have not tried 3D printing or CNC machine yet.

Seniorgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by CKAFamily Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:01 am

Hi,
I have not noticed scratches either. Regarding the build plate, is anyone finding that the plate is not perfectly flat when levelling? I have printed more than 1kg so far with much success but I am surprized that the plate is not perfectly flat. I was using a 0.3mm feeler gauge. I would set the front and back to 0.3 but both left and right gap would be much smaller, (both 0.15mm) after double checking. This showed the plate to be a little warped up at the sides or down at the front or back. It is worse after heating then level checking.

CKAFamily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum