Formaker: A 4-in-1 3D Printer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Inkscape-Plugin: FormakerLaser
Formaker laser works but won't fire... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 8:10 am by sid

» Formmaker for sale for parts
Formaker laser works but won't fire... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 3:40 pm by Seniorgeek

» Crap machine
Formaker laser works but won't fire... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 3:34 pm by Seniorgeek

» Upgrade Formaker
Formaker laser works but won't fire... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 8:51 am by Mikael

» Incorrect dimensions after printing
Formaker laser works but won't fire... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 8:36 am by szalap

» Heat bed temperature incorrect
Formaker laser works but won't fire... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 7:01 pm by CKAFamily

» Timing pulleys for Formaker
Formaker laser works but won't fire... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2016 9:25 am by szalap

» Heat Bed Resistance
Formaker laser works but won't fire... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 5:33 pm by CKAFamily

» Replacement power supply
Formaker laser works but won't fire... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 4:28 pm by Seniorgeek

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Formaker laser works but won't fire...

3 posters

Go down

Formaker laser works but won't fire... Empty Formaker laser works but won't fire...

Post by slackmaniac Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:55 pm

So I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. But after receiving my Formaker I tried out the laser engraver, and did the test print that was already on the SD card (You know; the fairy on the mushroom one). Afterwards I was happy with the result but didn't have anything to engrave, so I swapped over to the 3D printer which works great. Switching back to the engraver however it will follow the path but not shoot the laser (Note that the laser is plugged into the port on the back not the bottom, as the bottom pumps out constant power). I'm did mess with the settings, when moving to the 3D printer but after finding the engraver stopped I returned them to default. Anyone else know a way to fix this?

slackmaniac

Back to top Go down

Formaker laser works but won't fire... Empty Re: Formaker laser works but won't fire...

Post by Seniorgeek Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:21 pm

I can not get my laser to fire at all. Fan on the laser runs but lase won't fire.
I was using the port on the back. I did not try the port on the bottom.

I will give the bottom port a try and report back.

Seniorgeek

Back to top Go down

Formaker laser works but won't fire... Empty Re: Formaker laser works but won't fire...

Post by slackmaniac Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:13 pm

That'd be great thank you, every detail helps. Don't forget your goggles for safety~ Also I got a reply on the Kickstarter page giving me an email I can send my laser problem too so i'm going to try that too. I'll also let everyone know what happens there.

slackmaniac

Back to top Go down

Formaker laser works but won't fire... Empty Where is port on bottom?

Post by Seniorgeek Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:33 am

My Formaker does not have another place to plug in the Laser. Only the one on the back. If you have one post picture or let me know as I can not find  another place to plug in the laser.

Seniorgeek

Back to top Go down

Formaker laser works but won't fire... Empty Update on Laser issue

Post by Seniorgeek Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:45 pm

I connected the laser to my bench power supply and it works fine. Therefore the issue is with the Formaker. I think maybe the wires are not connected properly.
Can someone list how the wires are connected?

From the top down when connected to the back connector mine is red, black, green, yellow.

Let me know if yours is the same.

Seniorgeek

Back to top Go down

Formaker laser works but won't fire... Empty Update 2 on Laser issue

Post by Seniorgeek Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:20 pm

I took the bottom fiber board off and checked the laser driver board for correct voltage. The laser drive board is fine I got it to fire the laser. The problem is the firmware, software, or voltage source isr not getting to the drive board.
I am now waiting to hear back from CTC on what they are going to do.

This should not happen. They should check each machine before shipping.

Seniorgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Seniorgeek Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:21 pm

[quote="slackmaniac"]That'd be great thank you, every detail helps. Don't forget your goggles for safety~ Also I got a reply on the Kickstarter page giving me an email I can send my laser problem too so i'm going to try that too. I'll also let everyone know what happens there.[/quote]

See my last response. I think this is your issue too.

Seniorgeek

Back to top Go down

Formaker laser works but won't fire... Empty More on laser issue

Post by Seniorgeek Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:53 am

After contacting CTC and further troubleshooting, I found the following, there are 2 power wires coming from the the 5th servo motor which drives the laser. The servo motor turns on when the laser is active and 12vdc is sent from the server motor to the laser board. The output of the laser board drives the laser.

I get 12vdc input form the server motor to the laser board but nothing out of the laser board. This indicates a bad laser board. I have contacted CTC for a replacement laser board.

My 2 main reason for buying the Formaker is the CNC and laser features.

Last edited by Seniorgeek on Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Seniorgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Prisonbreak Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:26 am

[quote="Seniorgeek"]I connected the laser to my bench power supply and it works fine. Therefore the issue is with the Formaker. I think maybe the wires are not connected properly.
Can someone list how the wires are connected?

From the top down when connected to the back connector mine is red, black, green, yellow.

Let me know if yours is the same.[/quote]
Red-----FAN +
Black-----FAN -
Green-----VOUT +
Yellow-----VOUT -

12V is the power supply for the Laser;
TTL is the input signal to control the laser;
S1 need to adjust to the middle.
Attachments
Formaker laser works but won't fire... Attachment
Laser board.png You don't have permission to download attachments.(270 Kb) Downloaded 17 times

Prisonbreak

Back to top Go down

Post by Prisonbreak Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:06 am

[quote="Seniorgeek"]After contacting CTC and further troubleshooting, I found the following, there are 2 power wires coming from the the 5th servo motor which drives the laser. The servo motor turns on when the laser is active and 12vdc is sent from the server motor to the laser board. The output of the laser board drives the laser.

I get 12vdc input form the server motor to the laser board but nothing out of the laser board. This indicates a bad laser board. I have contacted CTC for a replacement laser board.

My 2 main reason for buying the Formaker is the CNC and laser features.[/quote]
Sir,Can you test the laser board as showed in the picture.the output of the laser board should be 5V-7V,can you test it,and make sure the slot on the buttom is 12v as well.[url=https://servimg.com/view/19431903/4][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f84/19/43/19/03/qqua2010.jpg[/img][/url]

Prisonbreak

Back to top Go down

Formaker laser works but won't fire... Empty laser board issue final update

Post by Seniorgeek Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:50 pm

I have the correct voltage from the laser servo to the laser board. I have nothing out at the Vout connector on the laser board when the laser is running.

Thanks for the picture of the laser board as it may help others with similar problems.

I am now waiting for a new laser board from CTC.

Seniorgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Seniorgeek Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:05 am

[quote="slackmaniac"]So I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. But after receiving my Formaker I tried out the laser engraver, and did the test print that was already on the SD card (You know; the fairy on the mushroom one). Afterwards I was happy with the result but didn't have anything to engrave, so I swapped over to the 3D printer which works great. Switching back to the engraver however it will follow the path but not shoot the laser (Note that the laser is plugged into the port on the back not the bottom, as the bottom pumps out constant power). I'm did mess with the settings, when moving to the 3D printer but after finding the engraver stopped I returned them to default. Anyone else know a way to fix this?[/quote]

You probably need a new laser board like I did.

Seniorgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by slackmaniac Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:09 am

Got it solved, turns out I blew my power supply, so I just had to get a new one. Everything is all good now. Thanks for everyone's input! Smile

slackmaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Seniorgeek Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:38 am

I hope a new power supply will solve one of my many problems I am having. I should receive new power supply and other parts today so I may have something to report tomorrow.

Seniorgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by slackmaniac Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:51 am

Yea, I didn't switch the voltage to my country's average so that's what killed it. Definetly make sure to do that if you didn't last time. Hope it works outfit you

slackmaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Seniorgeek Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:21 pm

See my post in hardware. They can't seem to fix problems.

Seniorgeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down